Reiki level 1
Although anyone can learn how to channel the Reiki energy, it is helpful to have experienced a Reiki treatment from a certified Reiki practitioner before taking a Reiki training. This will help you understand what is being taught and discussed in class. While we wish to share the healing of Reiki with anyone who is guided to it, our experience shows that some students who have not experienced a Reiki treatment can have a difficult time on the first day of the 1st level course. This is because the Reiki energy is best understood not on an intellectual or theoretical level but on an experiential level. If you wish to experience a Reiki session before taking the training, you may find a Reiki practitioner through google search; receive a treatment from a friend who has already taken the Reiki training, or book an appointment with me.
There are several formats offered today:
(a) 3 classes of around 6 hours each. These may be 3 consecutive Saturdays or Sundays (or weekdays as per people's requests) or taken closer to one another (for example twice a week and the third class on the following week). Typically taught from 11 am to around 5 pm, but people may schedule other times that work for them.
(b) Two full days (8 hours each with a lunch break and shorter breaks) - these may be consecutive or a few days apart, or a week apart. With a follow-up/wrapping up class of 2-3 hours.
(c) 5 classes of around 4 hours each (some classes may be shorter). This can suit those who wish to take evening classes after work, or those who want to have some space between one learning session and another to digest and integrate the material learnt. These classes may be scheduled for any time of the day, with the latest start-time being 5pm in order to end by 9pm.
Besides the scheduled dates as they appear on this website, people often call and request for specific dates, and I invite you to do the same.
Fee: $280 (a deposit of $100 to reserve your spot, and the remaining $180 can be paid on the first class).
- A high-quality certification course which exceeds the Canadian Reiki Association’s guidelines.
- Professional manual of the material covered in class and additional information and resources to help you take your practice further.
– Tea and light refreshments
Space is limited to 6 participants. Paying a deposit will reserve your spot, and the course requires a minimum of two participants to run.
Some topics covered at the first level include:
- What is “Reiki”: A closer look at the Reiki energy and its workings
– The history of Reiki: Its origins and how it traveled to the west
– The 5 elements of the Reiki system:
1) In-depth discussion on the five spiritual ideals, or principles, of the Reiki system.
2) Breathing techniques: The use of breath in the Reiki practice is discussed and practiced.
3) Hands-on/ Palm healing: Reiki energy channeling is taught and practiced in both self-treatment and treatment to others.
4) Symbols and mantras: Introduction to their roles in the Reiki practice (this is taught in detail at the 2nd and 3rd levels)
5) Attunements: Each student receives the 1st level attunements
– The human body’s Energy system
– Guidance is provided related to treating people, including specifics to be aware of before, during and after treatments.
– Full treatment is exercised in pairs, each practicing on a treatment table.
– Additional uses of Reiki are discussed
– CRA (Canadian Reiki Association) membership procedure explained
By the end of the course
You will be able to channel the Reiki energy and treat yourself and others. Your ability to sense subtle energies and detect the flow of energy within the human body will grow. Your skills will continue to deepen and develop with practice as will your understanding of the energy system and the Reiki energy. You will receive ample of tools that will support your spiritual journey and your work with energy.